The Library Director or designee is responsible for the implementation and enforcement of the Meeting Room Policy and Guidelines. The Library Director reserves the right to deny use of any Library space or terminate any Group's use if he/she deems any of these terms have been violated, or if he/she reasonably deems it in the best interest of the Library or its patrons. The Director's decision may be appealed to the Library Board, which shall have final say.
Williamson County Public Library provides meeting rooms for use when space is available. The primary purpose of the Library's meeting rooms is to first provide space for and to accommodate the needs of Library-sponsored programs and services. When space is available, the meeting rooms may be reserved by groups or individuals within the guidelines contained in this Meeting Room Policy and Guidelines and the Meeting Room User Agreement Form.
The Library's meeting rooms are not available for purely social gatherings or for commercial ventures. The definition of "social gatherings" for the purpose of these guidelines shall be a social function such as parties, showers, reunions, etc. The definition of "commercial purposes" includes, but is not limited to, the exchange of goods, services, or property of any kind or to facilitate the exchange of goods, services, or property of any kind or for the exchange of compensation in any form. This restriction shall not prohibit speakers, who charge no entrance fee to participants, from charging a fee for the actual cost of the material to be used by the participants attending the event. No such charge shall be permitted unless approved by the Library Director prior to the event.
These guidelines have been implemented to ensure fair and equitable access to the meeting rooms by all eligible groups. No group will be denied access to a meeting room based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any group protected by law.
While occupying a room at the Williamson County Public Library, Groups shall not exclude any individual from attending a meeting or other gathering based on the individual's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as a Vietnam-era veteran or special disabled veteran, or status in any other group protected by law.
The Meeting Room User Agreement Form, as well as any other required application forms that may be required by the Library, must be completed, signed and returned to the Library before any meeting room may be reserved. The Library Director or designee reserves the right to refuse the use of any room whenever such use does not conform to these policies. The signatory to this document (hereafter referred to as "User") shall be responsible for ensuring that all individuals attending the meetings are aware of the contents of this policy. Should the original signatory fail to be present at the time the room is to be used for the event, then a person who will be present at the meeting for the entire use of the room shall complete the Meeting Room User Agreement. Failure or refusal to sign the Meeting Room User Agreement shall result in refusal of the use of the room.
GUIDELINES FOR MEETING ROOM USE
The Library's Meeting Room may be scheduled for non-commercial, public service, educational, and cultural functions. For-profit or purely social events are not permitted in the Meeting Room. The Library does not under any circumstances allow meetings to be held inside or outside of the Library building without first satisfying all of the requirements set forth herein and all other Williamson County Library Policies.
- A Library representative must be allowed to enter the Meeting Room, hallways, kitchen or any other area within the Library at any and all times and for any reason.
- Copies of the Meeting Room Policy and Guidelines and the Meeting Room User Agreement Form may be obtained at the Franklin location of the Williamson County Public Library, located at 1314 Columbia Avenue, Franklin, Tennessee.
- The Meeting Room User Agreement Form and this Meeting Room Policy and Guidelines must be signed, completed in full, and submitted to the Library at least five (5) business days prior to the scheduled time requested. User may request to reserve a library room for a series of days subject to the restrictions contained herein.
- Room reservations are assigned on a first come basis. A user may reserve the rooms a maximum of 3 months in advance and not to exceed 9 reservations per calendar year.
- The Library reserves the right to reschedule or relocate any meeting at its sole discretion and at any time. Every attempt will be made to contact groups so they can make other arrangements, if necessary.
- Cancellations or the rescheduling of reservations shall be made at least seventy-two (72) hours in advance of the scheduled use in order to maintain the privilege of using the Meeting Room again.
- Groups consisting of individuals under the age of twenty-one (21) must have an adult, over the age of twenty-one (21), request the reservation and remain present for the duration of the scheduled meeting time.
All children must be supervised at all times. The Library shall not be held responsible for children left unattended while a parent or guardian attends a meeting in the Library's Meeting Room.
- No pets are allowed in the Library except service animals used by physically impaired persons as provided by law.
- The Meeting Room is available for use during the following Library hours:
- Monday - Thursday 9:15 a.m. - 7:45 p.m.
- Friday 9:15 a.m. - 5:15 p.m.
Groups using the Meeting Rooms shall allow sufficient time within its reservation period to complete room set-up, take down and clean up. At no time shall a group's reservation begin before or extend beyond the normal operating hours of the Library.
- The condition of the Meeting Room will be noted before and after the meeting for the purpose of reporting/recording any damage(s).
The Library provides tables and chairs for group use. All other items must be provided by the group reserving the room. Table and chair arrangements are the sole responsibility of the group reserving the room. Library staff will not be available to set up room or move tables or chairs. The User or Group under any circumstances shall not attach anything, including adhesives, to ceiling, walls, or woodwork within the Library. Candles are strictly prohibited. Live plants must be in appropriate storage containers to protect furniture and floors. The Library Director or designee shall pre-approve any equipment or other items requested to be used by the User or Group. The Library Director or designee reserves the absolute right to refuse permission for the use of any equipment or use of private items.
- Anyone using the Meeting Room must enter and exit through the Library's Main Entrance. The side doors of the Meeting Room are emergency exits only. At no time may these side doors be propped open.
The User and/or any other individual shall not block or lock any doorway within the Library. All doors are fire exits and therefore, shall not be blocked or locked. Any violation of this section shall result in immediate termination of this agreement and the User and/or Group shall vacate the room at once. Any injury or death to any person occurring due to the blockage or locking of any doorways or other exits, will be the liability and responsibility of the User and/or each individual of the group using the Meeting Room at the time of the injury.
- Vehicles may drop off large items to be used by the group, but must stay on paved parking lot areas. No individual may use the Library's loading dock for delivering meeting items or for any other items without the permission of the Library Director.
- Users and guests must use Library parking spaces. Under no circumstances will parking/driving on the sidewalks or grass be tolerated. Failure to abide by this rule shall be cause for the Library to tow vehicles at the owner's expense.
- The Library will not be responsible for any items, supplies, materials, or equipment brought in or left by the User or group before, during or after their reserved time. The Library shall not provide storage facilities or supplies of any kind. All of the group's property must be removed from the Meeting Room at the end of each day of conclusion of the reserved time. Any items, supplies, materials, or equipment left at the Library may be discarded by the Library without any liability to the User, group, or owner of the item.
- A small kitchen is located across the hall from the Meeting Room, which may only be used with permission from the Library Director or designee. No food is permitted except light refreshments or box lunches and shall only be permitted in the Meeting Room and not in adjacent hallways or the lobby.
- The User and individual group members are not permitted to move or adjust the dividing wall in the center of the room, as it can easily get off track. Room division or un-division can only be done by Library personnel.
- The User or other group member must immediately report to Library staff any accident involving personal injury or damage of Library property no matter the cause of the injury or damage. If something occurs, a representative from the group must complete and provide Library staff with an Incident Report Form. Incident Report forms are available at the front desk of the Library.
- The Library Meeting Room, adjacent hallway, kitchen or any other area used by the group must be left in a clean and orderly condition. A vacuum cleaner is available, if needed. Please dispose of trash in containers supplied - no liquids, please. It is requested that groups remove all food trash when they leave, either taking it with them, or depositing in Library trash containers located outside at the south end of the building.
- Groups and/or individuals who leave the Meeting Room and/or nearby areas in a damaged or dirty condition must pay all costs incurred by the Library to clean and/or repair damages directly or indirectly caused by the group to the Library's facility or equipment. Cleaning and/or damage costs shall be determined by the Williamson County Property Management Department. The person signing the agreement forms agrees and accepts responsibility for any and all damages occurring during the use of the meeting room.
- In addition to monetary compensation, Users, groups and individuals who leave the Meeting Room in a damaged or dirty condition will not be permitted to use the Meeting Room again.
- Groups using the Meeting Room should not conflict with or disturb other Library activities, needs, or uses. Excessive noise or any disruption to the patrons or the daily functions of the Library is not permitted and shall not be tolerated under any circumstances.
- Groups creating disturbances or engaging in any other behavior that results in Library patron and/or staff complaints will not be permitted to use the Meeting Room again.
- No smoking or use of alcohol is permitted in any part of the Library, including the public restrooms. For the comfort of all Library visitors and users, please refrain from smoking in front of the Library's entrance/exit doors.
- If a tornado or fire alarm is sounded, the Library staff will follow storm safety and fire evacuation procedures outlined in its emergency procedures manual User shall be responsible for ensuring that all attendees will be familiar with the Library's procedures for emergencies.
- All individuals, and the Group as a whole, agree to indemnify and hold harmless Williamson County, Williamson County Library, its employees and/or agents from any judgments, claims, damages, costs and attorney fees for injuries or damages arising, in part or in whole, from the negligent or intentional acts or omissions of any Group, its members, employees and/or agents, in connection with the use of the Library's meeting rooms.
- In addition to these policies, the User, and all individuals attending meetings agree to abide by and are subject to ALL Library rules and regulations.
By signing this form, the User agrees that he/she has read and understands each of the above guidelines.
Print Name: _________________________________________
MEETING ROOM USER AGREEMENT FORM
I have read the Meeting Room Policy and Guidelines and agree that I and my group members/participants will fully abide by them.
I, _______________________________________________, ("User") hereby enter into this agreement with the Williamson County Public Library for the use of a Meeting Room, having fully read, understood and agreed to be bound by this Meeting Room User Agreement and by all language contained in the Meeting Room Policy and Guidelines governing the use of the facility. I understand that I have reserved the use of the Meeting Room for the following date(s) / times(s)
I understand that my Group/Organization's reservation is not final until this Form and the Meeting Room Policy and Guidelines is completed, signed and returned to the Library.
I further agree that I will be held financially responsible for any damage to facilities, appliances, furniture, and equipment, including all associated costs of repairing any damage to Library property, while my group is using the Meeting Room during the above date(s) / time(s).
I further agree that I will be held personally responsible for the behavior of the Group/Organization's membership and other participants while they are using the Meeting Room or any other area of the Library. I understand that the Library Director may cancel our use of the reserved area if I or any member of the group refuses to comply strictly with any term contained in the Meeting Room Policy and Guidelines.
I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Williamson County, Williamson County Public Library, or any of its employees or agents from any judgments, claims, damages, costs and attorney fees for injuries or damages arising, in part or in whole, from the negligent or intentional acts or omissions of any group, its members, employees, participants and/or agents, in connection with the use of the Library's Meeting Room or the activities of the group.
Responsible User's Signature __________________________________________
Name of Group Using Meeting Room ____________________________________
Purpose of this Group Meeting: ________________________________________
Number of participants, estimated ______________________________________
What items will be brought into the Meeting Room and/or Kitchen? _____________
Contact Information for Responsible User:
Home ____________________ Business __________________
Cell _____________________ Fax __________________
This form should be returned to the appropriate Library by fax, in person, or by mail.
Williamson County Public Library
ATTN: Meeting Room Reservation
1314 Columbia Ave.
Franklin, TN 37064
Fairview Public Library
ATTN: Meeting Room Reservation
2240 Fairview Blvd.
Fairview, TN 37062
Nolensville Public Library
ATTN: Meeting Room Reservation
915 Oldham Drive
Nolensville, TN 37135
The contact Main Library's the Administrative Assistant, phone 595-1250.
Approved by Board September 15, 2011