Book Club Kits are available from all branch libraries and may be requested from the online catalog. The check out limit is 2 kits, the loan period is 60 days and a kit may be renewed 1 time. Available titles.
Avid Readers Book Group @ Fairview
The Avid Readers Book Club will meet on fourth Wednesday each month at 1:00 pm to discuss the books that individual members have read during the past month. New members are always welcome to all groups.
See Fairview's home page or email the Library for more information.
The Fairview Book Club meets on the second Tuesday of every month at 6:30pm.
April 11 Orphan Train by Cristina Baker Kline
May 19 Commonwealth by Ann Patchett
June 13 A Man Called Ove by Fredrick Backman
Best Reads Book Club @ Main
The Best Reads Book Club meets on the third Thursday of each month at 1:00 pm. Meetings are usually held in the Williamson Room on the second floor of the Main Library in Franklin. New readers are welcome.
- January 19: Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
- February 16: Nobody's Fool by Richard Russo
- March 16: Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo
- April 20: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- May 18: City of Thieves by David Benioff
- June 15: How Green was My Valley by Richard Llewyllen
What's Cooking@Bethesda Cookbook Club
This Book Club meets the third Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m. Call the Bethesda Branch for more information at 615-790-1887.
January 19 Cooking Light recipes
February 16 Soups and Stews
March 16 Mexican food
April 20 Breakfast food
May 18 Alton Brown
June 15 Bobby Flay
July 20 Picnic Food
August 17 The Chew
September 21 Mario Battali
October 19 Halloween/Fall food
November 16 Greek food
December 13 (Wednesday) - bring treats to the library's Open House
Book Group @ Bethesda
The Bethesda Book Group
for adults meets on the first
Thursday of each month at 6:30 pm. New members are always welcome.
- January 5: The Doctor's Daughter by Belle Blackburn
- February 2: Hidden Figures by Margot Shetterly
- March 2: The 100 Year Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window by Jonas Jonasson
- April 6: Lilac girls by Martha Hall Kelly
Cookbook Book Club @ College Grove
Do you love browsing through cookbooks and trying new recipes? Do you enjoy sampling and sharing new dishes? Then you'll love this book club! We pick the theme; you chose and make a recipe to share. We meet on the second Tuesday from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- May - Mexican
- June - Dairy Recipes (June is Dairy Month)
- July - Fresh from the Garden
- Aug. No Meeting
- Sept. - Choose a Country
- Oct. - Halloween Treats
- Nov. - Election Day Party
- Dec. - Christmas Cookies
Tuesday Morning Book Club @ College Grove Branch
New members are always welcome to join our lively, informal discussions. The club, a joint venture of the Library and FiftyForward College Grove, is open to adults of all ages. We meet on the third Tuesday at 9:00 a.m
- January 17 Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier
- February 21 The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
- March 21 Half-broke Horses by Jeanette Walls
- April 18 Orphan Mother by Robert Hicks
- May 16 The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
- June 20 When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
- July 18 The Boys in the Boat by Daniel Brown
- August No Meeting
- September 19 Fates and Furies by Lauren Goff
- October 17 The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
- November 21 Commonwealth by Ann Patchett
- December 19 Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton
Literary Ladies Book Club @ Main
The Literary Ladies Book Club meets the third Monday at 6:00 in the board Room on the second floor of the library. New members are always welcome.
- January 23 - The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James
- February 27 - The Martian by Andy Weir
- March 20 - The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
- April 17 - A Separate Country by Robert Hicks
- May 15 - A Man called Ove by Fredrick Backman
- June 19 The Little Paris bookshop by Nina George
- July 17 All the Light You Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- August 21 Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
- September 18 West with the night by Beryl Markham
- October 16 Hidden Figures: the American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race by Margot Lee Shetterly
Eclectic Readers @ Nolensville
The Eclectic Readers meet the third Thursday of every month at 1:00
pm to discuss a book selection. There is no meeting in December.
January 19 Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
February 16 At the Water’s Edge by Sara Gruen
March 16 The Swans of Fifth Avenue by Melanie Benjamin
April 20 Lone Wolf by Jodi Piccoult
May 18 Devil Amongst the Lawyers by Sharyn McCrumb
June 15 Thunderstruck by Erik Larson
July 20 When Breath become Air by Paul Kalanithi
Aug 17 Go set a Watchman by Harper Lee
September 20 The Girls of Atomic City by Denise Kiernan
October 19 The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
November 16 Deep Down Dark by Hector Tobar
No December meeting
The Literary Classics Online Book Club
Like to read classics? This club is for you!
Six classics are selected for online discussion annually. Each discussion lasts two months.
Stay tuned for more information . . .