LOCAL AUTHORS BIBLIOGRAPHY
INVITATION TO JOIN
All Williamson County authors are invited to join the ranks of distinguished authors included in this online resource.
The requirements are simple:
- published a book or anthology
- currently living in the county for at least one year
- or formerly residing in Williamson County, Tennessee
- complete the Questionnaire Word Document or PDF file
The Library requests:
- an autographed copy of your book for the library's Local Author Collection
- a second copy for the circulating collection
For additional information send us an email at: email@example.com.
Preserving the literary history of Williamson County began in 1979 when the library received a donation from Mrs. Core [Mary Govan] Steele, mother of children's author, William O. Steele. This donation provided the catalyst for establishing a Local Author collection: first by identifying and moving books in the circulating collection to a separate non-circulating location; and then by conducting research through interviews, newspaper articles, and other sources.
This research was conducted first by members of the Literary Committee of the Williamson County Arts Council, then by the Williamson County Council for the Written Word and now the Williamson County Public Library. The collection has grown exponentially, but the library needs your help to identify newly published authors who are adding to Williamson County's growing literary heritage.