Databases by Title
- Academic OneFile- includes The New York Times back to 1995. Your login is your library account number. This also includes peer-reviewed, full-text articles from the world’s leading journals and reference sources with extensive coverage of:
- The arts
- Physical sciences
- Social sciences
- Other subjects
- American Physical Society - journals and papers. View a list of journal titles and links. For in-library use only.
- American Slavery - to access click the "Product" box down arrow then select the title (top of list). Call 615-595-1243 for user name and password.
- Ancestry Library - in-library use only. Access the Ancestry Librarywhile visiting the library.
- Birth records
- Census records
- Death records
- Historical maps
- Historical stories photos
- Marriage records
- Other media not accessible outside the library
- Ancestry Tennessee State Library and Archives - create a free guest account. Before you begin, watch a how to video. Remote access is available.
- City Birth Records, 1881 through 1915
- City Death Records, 1872 through 1923
- Death Records, 1908 through 1958
- Delayed Birth Records, 1869 through 1909
- Early Tax List Records, 1783 through 1895
- Enumeration of Male Voters, 1891
- North Carolina and Tennessee, Early Land Records, 1753 through 1931
- North Carolina and Tennessee, Revolutionary War Land Warrants, 1783 through 1843
- A to Z the USA- Login with your library account number. Discover the 50 States and 5 Territories of the USA.. Learn about their:
- State, county and city information
- A to Z the World Culture- Login with your library account number. Planning a trip or doing research? Discover the nuances of 175 countries cultures with topics including:
- Life cycles
- Books and Authors - offers new ways to explore the endless possibilities and combinations of books, authors, genres, and topics. Combining over 140,000 titles, 50,000 authors, and thousands of read-alike, award winner and librarian’s favorites lists, Books and Authors helps bring readers and literature together. Your login is your library account number.
- Business Collection- your login is your library account number. Provides access to 4,000 leading business and trade publications. Also provides coverage of all business disciplines, including:
- Business theory and practice
- Also, see Small Business Collection and Small Business Resource Center
- Business Insights Essentials- your login is your library account number. Research and analyze companies and industries around the world. Includes industry:
- Company histories
- Market share data
- And more
- Gale Presents Peterson's Career Prep
Create a free account to start searching for careers and jobs plus create resumes and cover letters using professional templates. Career Prep replaces Career Transitions on September 30, 2020.
- Career Transitions - Peterson's Career Prep replaces Career Transitions on September 30, 2020. Download your resume and save it by September 30, 2020
- Computer Database- your login is your library account number. This includes computer-related product introductions, news, and reviews in areas such as:
- Application of technology
- Congressional Digest - not accessible outside the library. Ask for a login and password.
- Data Axel Reference Solutions - 14 million U.S. Businesses and 100 million Residential Households. Enable override automatic cookie handling, if prompted to login for access clear browser cookies and close browser - do not set a browser bookmark. Your login is your library account number.
- Driving Tests - in partnership with Driving Tests, the Williamson County Public Library (WCPLtn) is proud to offer free Tennessee Driver Permit practice tests. These tests, for both automobile and motorcycle, along with the Driver Handbook for each are available.
- EBSCOhost eAudiobook Collection - includes fiction and non-fiction downloadable audiobook titles. Android and iPhone/iPad app is available. Once logged in, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the New: EBSCOhost iPhone and Android Applications link. Requires an email address; your login is your library account number.
- EBSCOhost eBook Collection - includes fiction and non-fiction titles. Android and iPhone/iPad app is available. Once logged in, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the New: EBSCOhost iPhone and Android Applications link. Requires an email address; your login is your library account number.
- Educator's Reference Complete - a selection of more than 450 full-text academic journals, hundreds of full-text reports, and many premier reference sources. Included content focuses on educational principles, child development and psychology, and best practices in education. Majority of the full-text titles included are also found in the ERIC database. Your login is your library account number.
- eSequels - a Reader's Guide to Novels in Series. Your login is your library account number
- Expanded Academic ASAP - from arts and the humanities to social sciences, science, and technology, this database meets research needs across all academic disciplines. Your login is your library account number.
- Fold3: History and Genealogy Archives- (formerly footnote)
- Gale Directory Library - to search an individual title select the advanced search option. Your login is your library account number. Hosts a variety of directory products:
- Awards, Honors and Prizes, 40th edition, 2010
- Encyclopedia of Associations: International Organizations
- Gale Directory of Publications and Broadcast Media, 146th edition, 2010
- Scholarships, Fellowships & Loans 27th edition, 2010
- Gale Literary Sources - unlock information in primary sources, critical articles, literary and cultural analysis, and biographies. Search across centuries to see the broader continuum of the story you choose to tell. We have integrated literature resources from Gale and Literature Criticism Online into a single research environment to help you take your research to new levels. Your login is your library account number.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library - your login is your library account number. Your online reference source highlighting:
- And more
- Genealogy and Local History Database - includes Williamson County African-American genealogy, newspaper articles, obituaries, and more. The database is compiled by library staff and volunteers.
- General Business ASAP - see Business Collection
- General OneFile - your login is your library account number. News and periodical articles on a wide range of topics:
- Current events
- Environmental issues
- General interest topics
- Health care
- Literature and art
- Social science
- General Reference Center Gold - general interest database that integrates a variety of sources - newspapers, reference books, magazines, and trade publications. Your login is your library account number.
- General Science Collection - a collection of over 1,000 peer-reviewed journals, providing researchers with the information needed to stay current on the latest scientific developments. Your login is your library account number.
- Health and Wellness Resource Center and Alternative Health Module - instant access to carefully compiled and trusted medical reference materials. Includes nearly 400 health/medical journals, hundreds of pamphlets, over 700 health-related videos from partner Healthology, Inc., and articles from 2,200 general interest publications in addition to a broad collection of Gale reference titles. Your login is your library account number.
- Health Reference Center Academic - multi-source database provides access to the full text of nursing and allied health journals, plus the wide variety of personal health information sources in InfoTrac's award-winning Health Reference Center. Your login is your library account number.
- HeritageQuest Online - a resource for genealogy and family history research. Includes digitized copies of federal census records, full-text family and local history books, Freedman's Bank records and more. Your login is your library account number.
- Information Science and Library Issues Collection - content from nearly 100 leading industry journals, this collection provides current and accurate information for the information professional. Your login is your library account number.
- Informe! Academico - una colecciÃ³n de revistas hispÃ¡nicas con textos completos. Abarca negocios, salud, tecnologÃ­a, cultura, temas de actualidad y otras materias. Your login is your library account number.
- Infotrac Business Collection - see Business Collection.
- InfoTrac Newsstand - full-text newspaper database which allows users to search articles instantly by title, headline, date, newspaper section or other assigned fields. Your login is your library account number. Finally, a one-stop source for the day's news and searchable archives. The National Newspaper Index provides quick access to the indexing of America's top five newspapers in one seamless search:
- The Christian Science Monitor
- Los Angeles Times
- The New York Times
- The Wall Street Journal
- The Washington Post
- InfoTrac - TEL portal to all Gale databases and ebooks. Your login is your library account number.
- Insurance and Liability Collection - this collection, of journals, takes a broad view of this multimillion dollar industry, covering such topics as labor relations, mortgage banking, legal issues, and more. Your login is your library account number.
- Kids Homework - access to a variety of indexed and full-text reference books for information on current events, the arts, science, popular culture, health, people, government, history, sports and more. Your login is your library account number.
- Kids InfoBits - a database developed especially for beginning researchers in Kindergarten through Grade 5. The database includes the Lexile level for magazine and newspaper articles. Your login is your library account number. Full-text content of elementary reference sources and magazines covers:
- The arts
- Current events
- And more
- Kovel Antiques and Collectibles - unlimited access to the world's largest and most authoritative collection of in-depth articles on antiques and collectibles—including more than 40 years of searchable archives of Kovels On Antiques and Collectibles Newsletter. Included in the library access are over 1 million appraiser-approved prices and research tools to identify, date and value collectibles. not accessible outside the library.
- Literature Resource Center - find up-to-date biographical information, overviews, full-text literary criticism and reviews on more than 130,000 writers in all disciplines, from all time periods and from around the world, supplemented by the scholarly materials of the Scribner Writers Series and Twayne's World, U.S, and English Authors Series. Your login is your library account number.
- MedlinePlus is an online health information resource for patients and their families and friends. It is a service of the National Library of Medicine (NLM), the world's largest medical library, which is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Its mission is to present high-quality, relevant health and wellness information that is trusted, easy to understand, and free of advertising, in both English and Spanish.
- Military and Intelligence Collection - over 10 million articles from more than 500 titles, basic reference materials and is part of InfoTrac One File. Your login is your library account number.
- InfoTrac Newsstand- full-text newspaper database which allows users to search articles instantly by title, headline, date, newspaper section or other assigned fields. Your login is your library account number. Finally, a one-stop source for the day's news and searchable archives.
- Newspapers.com - Search this Southeastern Archive of online newspapers in the library, or at home with your library card, for obituaries, marriage announcements, birth announcements, social pages, local sports action, advertisements, news articles, and more, in this Southeastern archive of online newspapers. States included are Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context - covering today's hot topics. Helps students research, analyze and organize a broad variety of data for conducting research, completing writing assignments, preparing for debates, creating presentations and more.
- Oxford Reference Online
- Encyclopedia of Popular Music
- Grove Encyclopedia of American Art
- Grove Encyclopedia of Classical Art and Architecture
- Grove Encyclopedia of Decorative Arts
- Grove Encyclopedia of Materials and Techniques in Art
- International Encyclopedia of Dance
- Oxford Companion to Architecture
- Oxford Encyclopedia of Theatre and Performance
- Biblioteca Tumblebook - leer en una computadora o tableta electronica como el iPad. entrada al sistema = número de cuenta de la biblioteca
- Tennessee Electronic Library
- Tennessee Newspaper Collection - The Commercial Appeal Memphis, TN and the Knoxville News Sentinel hosted by Infotrac. Your login is your library account number.
- The Tennessean - historical Tennessee papers 1812 to 1922 and November 7, 2002 to present. Current content is published the third day after the publication date. Includes Nashville newspaper articles and obituaries.
- Testing and Education Reference Center is now Peterson's Test and Career Prep- prepare for standardized tests with Gale Presents: Peterson’s Test Prep. This valuable resource includes full-length practice tests for GED, SAT, ACT, AP, PSAT, GRE, LSAT, MCAT, TOEFL, U.S. citizenship, and more. It offers information on undergraduate and graduate programs and tuition and scholarship assistance, as well as a resume builder and interviewing advice.
- Transparent Languages - engaging courses utilize an arsenal of progressive language learning methods. Transparent Languages is an entertaining and effective way to learn a new language.
- Tumblebook Library - an online collection of animated, talking picture books which teach young children the joys of reading in a format they’ll love. For access, call your Branch Library to verify your account status..
- Value Line Investment Survey- your login is your library account number.
- The Value Line Convertibles Survey
- The Value Line Daily Options Survey
- The Value Line Investment Survey
- The Value Line Investment Survey Small and Mid-Cap Edition
- The Value Line Mutual Fund Survey
- The Value Line Special Situations Service
- Visions of the Past - index Thelma Battle’s African American Exhibit Catalogs
- Vocations, Careers, and Technical Education Collection - content from nearly 400 journals, this collection provides content from general career guides to highly specialized industry journals. Your login is your library account number.
- War and Terrorism Collection - provides access to academic journals and magazines of interest to analysts, risk management professionals, and students of military science, history, and social science. The database offers balanced coverage of both historic and contemporary topics in the fields of war and terrorism. Your login is your library account number.
- Williamson County Obituaries Database - a collection of obituaries gleaned from local newspapers from the early 1900s to date
- World Book - online encyclopedia offers unique content and features for patrons of every age, ability and interest. Using the same expert information found in the World Book Encyclopedia, these easy-to-navigate websites offer 24/7 access on smartphones, tablets and personal computers.
- World History Collection - well-rounded coverage of both the current thinking and events in World History, as well as scholarly work being established in the field. This compilation of journals provides robust and balanced coverage of this field, useful both to the novice historian as well as to the advanced academic researcher. Your login is your library account number.