The equipment below is available for in-house use at the Main Library in Franklin. A library card or guest pass is needed for computer access to use most of the equipment:
- A low-vision reader magnifies items placed under the camera and displayed on the monitor.
- Microfilm/microfiche readers are in the Special Collections Department.
- Two photocopy machines are available for all patrons. There is one on the first floor near the elevator. Another is located on the second floor in the Reference Department. A third copier is located in the Special Collections Department. Photocopies are 10 cents a page for monochrome.
- A monochrome and a color printer are in the Reference Department. Prints are 10 cents a page for monochrome and 1.00 a page for color.
- The vending machine used for taking payments is cash only and takes five-dollar bills, one-dollar bills, and silver coins.
- Flatbed scanners are in the Adaptive Technology Center and Special Collections. The scanners can accommodate letter and legal-size paper.
- A multi-document scanner is available in the Reference Department. It can accommodate letter and legal-size paper and does double-sided scans.
- A laminator is in the Reference Department for legal and letter-size documents. See staff to get started. Bring your own laminating supplies.
- A shredder is available at the Reference Desk.
- A digitization station in the Special Collections Department can be used with a personal camera or device for oversized items.