Residents of Williamson County may contact the library at 615-595-1243 to prearrange a date and time to take a proctored exam. Arrangements are made based on the availability of staffing on the requested date. There are no private proctoring rooms. It is the student's responsibility to make their school and teacher aware of the library's proctoring policies to ensure acceptance of their exam results.
The Williamson County Public Library values and encourages lifelong learning practices.
1) Students must schedule an appointment in the Reference Department, 595-1243, to pre-arrange a date and time to take a proctored exam.
- Appointments must be made two weeks in advance. Walk-ins are not accepted.
- It is the student’s responsibility to obtain a computer guest card or library card in his/her own name before scheduling an appointment to take an online exam. No exams will be provided to any student who does not have a library card or computer guest card.
- Proper photo identification is required before an exam is given.
- Exam instructions must be in English.
- The proctor will be the Librarian on duty at the scheduled time. If the Librarian who gives the student test materials and records the start time must leave before the student completes the exam, they may designate another staff member to sign the required documentation.
- Staff cannot provide direct supervision or time discrete portions of a test at specified intervals. Staff can note the starting and ending times of the entire exam.
- The library does not provide a room for taking exams. Exams are taken in the Reference Department or Rotunda.
- The student or school must pay all postage. The Librarywill not assume any postage expense. It is recommended that the Student provide an envelope with the correct address and postage.
- Proctors must be notified in advance of any special arrangements necessary for the exam.
- WCPL will not retain any paperwork for students or schools after the exam. Exams will not be photocopied or otherwise kept on file.
- The library cannot commit to proctoring an entire course of study or single exams requiring multiple sittings. Requests for exams in series will be treated as separate requests.
- No fee is charged for the proctoring services. Requests from schools requiring a charge be assessed to the Student will not be accepted.
- The Library shall not be responsible for any tests which are lost or stolen. Both Student and School agree to indemnify the Library from any damages related either indirectly or directly to the proctoring services provided by the library.