Friends of the Main Library
The Friends of the Williamson County Public Library (WCPLtn) is a non-profit, 501(c)3 service organization dedicated to the advancement of our community through its library. Friends’ contributions, fund-raising activities, and volunteer efforts support adult and youth programs, maintain and increase collections, and provide new technologies, equipment and other improvements. Friends-sponsored book sales are held four times a year with all proceeds going directly back into the library.
The Friends of the Library believes our public library is the heart of the community and is dedicated to enriching lives. The Friends believes the library helps satisfy the thirst for knowledge and seeks to maintain and enhance the library services offered to the citizens of Williamson County.
What We Do
- We are advocates for the Library in our community by promoting the community’s knowledge of the library’s functions, resources, services and needs.
- Encourages gifts, endowments, and memorials
- Honors Library staff with lunch on Annual Library Workers Day in April
- Hosts BOO! Books with Friends or special events
- Participates or assists in Library events wherever needed
- Provides continuing education for Library staff
- Provides fundraising activities to purchase books, other types of media and needed material and improve library programs, services and facilities beyond those provided by the library budget
- Sell Book Tote Bags and Tee Shirts for convenience of patrons and promotion of our library and Friends of WCPL
- Serves as a medium through which Friends of the Library may become acquainted and share their enthusiasm and concerns for the library
- Sponsors used book sales in our yearly 4 big book sales and our Friends Book Store at the Main Library and our online book sales on Amazon
- Volunteer time and talent
Ways You Can Help
- Chairing or helping on the following committees:
- Boo! Books with Friends or Special Events
- Book Sales
- Book/Media Sorting Team
- Help with 4 annual Friends Book Sales - set up the room, 4 sale days, Tally Table, Cashier, Customer Service, Membership Table, break down & clean up - lots of opportunities to help at our book sales.
- Help with decorating, program & menu planning, serving lunch & set up & cleanup for Friends Annual Luncheon Meeting, help find speakers or authors to speak or obtain door prizes. Host a Friends social event or a Friends appreciation event for Library Staff, help during various special events.
- Provide lunch or snacks & water for volunteers working at the book sales.
- Serving on the Friends board of officers and directors.
- Sorting books and other help in the Sorting area
- Volunteer to help at a Friends event like “Boo! Books with Friends” for the children during Halloween season.
To volunteer or for more information please contact Susan Brandenburg, Membership Chair for Friends of the WCPL Main Branch, at 615-595-1250, ext 1182.