All book, audiobook, and movie donations must be in a bag or box. Staff may not remove loose items from the backseat or trunk of a vehicle. Library staff may not appraise the value of donated materials, but we will be happy to supply you with a receipt in acknowledgment of your gift. Staff is not responsible for counting donated materials. If you would like a receipt, please provide us with the number of donated items.
Larger donations* of 15 or more boxes - Please call 615-595-1241 before coming to the loading dock. Staff can coordinate a time between 9-4 to ensure there is room and staff available to receive the donation.
Mid-size donations* of less than 15 boxes can be brought to the loading dock anytime between 9-4. The loading dock is located between the Library and Enrichment Center. Turn left before entering the Enrichment Center parking lot. Ring the door when you arrive.
Small donations of an armful to 2 small bags may be left on the cart near the Circulation Desk in the foyer area.
*All donations must be in a bag or box. Staff may not remove loose items from the backseat or trunk of a vehicle. Library staff may not appraise the value of donated materials. We will supply you with a receipt in acknowledgment of your gift. Staff are not responsible for counting donated materials. If you want a receipt, please provide us with the number of donated items.
Newspapers, magazines, and VCR/VHS tapes are no longer accepted. Books should be in clean, sellable condition with both covers, minimal handwriting, and no water damage or food stains. Items left after hours will not be brought inside the Library if damaged by the weather, as determined by the Library staff. This protects the materials, staff, and patrons in the facility from mold and bugs.
Where to Bring Donations
Main Library at the service entrance in the rear of the building:
Monday through Friday
9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday through Saturday
During Open Hours
Library Can Accept
- Audio books-any format
- Books in like-new or good condition
- Local history and genealogy titles
- Textbooks 5 years old or newer
Library Cannot Accept
- Books covered with pet hair
- Books smell of mold or smoke or other environmental causes
- Books with broken spines
- Books with bug-infested odors
- Books with a damaged cover
- Books with excessively marked by pens, pencils, crayons, or highlighters
- Books with loose or torn covers
- Books with outdated information
- Books with stains from mold, water damage, mildew, grease, food-stains
- Commercial VHS tapes
- Encyclopedias more than 5 years old
- Home recorded audio-visual materials
- Textbooks more than 5 years old