- Main Library
- Special Collections
- Local Authors
- Invitation to Join
Are You a Local Author?
Invitation to Join
Williamson County authors are invited to apply for inclusion in the Local Author Collection of Williamson County Public Library. The requirements for selection to the Local Author Collection are:
- You must be a current resident of Williamson County, Tennessee, or have a clear connection.
- Your submission must have been published within the past 3 years, during your time of residency in Williamson County, with the exception of authors who grew up in Williamson County.
- You must submit a donated and autographed copy of your work.
- You must complete and submit the Author Biography Form (PDF) or Online Author Biography Form.
Guidelines & Conditions
- Traditionally published and self-published works will be considered for admission, with the exception of unpublished works such as manuscripts, pamphlets, and other unbound materials.
- The submitted work must be attributable to an author or group of authors.
- Submitted work must be in a physical format, i.e, books, CDs, and DVDs, all bound and formatted for ease of circulation, use, and durability. The library will not add self-published e-books.
- Content must be consistent with library collection standards.
- WCPL does not accept the following for the Local Authors' Collection: textbooks, study guides, workbooks or books designed to be filled out or otherwise consumed by the reader. Nor do we accept self-published family histories, however, those works will be considered for addition to the Special Collections Department.
- Regardless of genre, all items will be identified as local. They will have different and distinct processing and will be searchable in the catalog.
- Books and items in the Local Author Collection are the property of Williamson County Public Library. Authors' works are subject to current weeding policies and procedures. WCPL reserves the right to include, exclude, or remove any title from the collection for any reason at any time.
- The library does not provide reviews or promotion of an author's work.
- Submission of the author questionnaire does not guarantee inclusion.
- New selections may not appear in the collection for up to 4 months. Once they have been processed, authors' names and titles will be added to the Local Author Collection on our website.
- The library may occasionally use your work in a display.
- Donated books, or items, not selected for inclusion, will be donated to Friends of Williamson County Public Library.
- The author represents and warrants full ownership and/or legal rights to publish all material in this book, including artwork.
For additional information, please email the Special Collections Library.